The breadth and range of the members at TTA is vast, ranging from those that run established family-owned travel retailing businesses, through to entrepreneurs who are developing successful technology-based enterprises and tour operators who offer unique travel experiences to travellers the world over.
The Group was borne out of various mergers and acquisitions over the past 35 years and continues to grow and evolve in what is one of the world's fasting growing, exciting and ever changing industries.
With a history that dates back to 1976, today the TTA support over 700 independent travel agents and offer a powerful distribution to more than 200 tour operators, travel consolidators, airlines and accommodation businesses worldwide.
- 1976 - Worldchoice-is a consortia established to support independent travel retailers
- 1993 - Travel Trust Association (TTA)- launched to provide a low cost entry model to enable travel entrepreneurs to comply with the package travel regulations
- 2008 - Worldchoice Plus- introduced to provide a managed services solution for those currently working in travel wanting to focus on sales and requiring back office support
- 2008 - TTA and Worldchoice- merge to create the UK's largest travel consortia
- 2011 - Independent Travel Experts- a joint venture is undertaken to introduce a homeworking model to the group
- 2011-The Travel Network Group- TTA Worldchoice is rebranded to reflect the growing diversity of the group
All the Members operate their own properly constituted Trust Accounts. The Independent Trustee on each Trust Account is always a professional person e.g. Chartered or Certified Accountant, Solicitor, Bank Manager. In the event of a failure the Association steps in and works closely with the Trustee to the Trust Account.
Because of the monthly monitoring procedure on members the Association already have transaction reports giving details on all outstanding bookings including customers details, travel services booked, names of Suppliers / Principals and money paid over.
A reconciliation is done on the Trust Account and customer funds identified. Customers and Suppliers / Principals are immediately notified of Member failure. Suppliers are paid from the Trust Account enabling the customer to have his holiday as booked. Where this is not possible the customer is refunded money in full from the Trust Account.
If the Trust Account is found to be deficient of funds due to fraud or dishonesty the Travel Trust Association will guarantee the financial obligation of it's member up to a maximum £11,000 for any one passenger. If you have paid £2,000 the TTA will guarantee the loss of the £2,000 where it is not available for you from the Trust Account.