Freedom Trail, New York - 8 Days
Are you ready for all things East Coast? Because this tour is going to blow your socks off as you see the best that New England has to offer! Take in the Niagara Falls and see some famous historical landmarks around the area!
- Be prepared to get drenched at the Niagara Falls Maid in the Mist tour!
- Check out the Liberty Bell and the 'Rocky' steps of Philly!
- Visit a traditional Amish village
- Walk Boston's historic Freedom Trail
Is this trip for you?
- If you're a history buff with a sense of adventure - YES!
- This is an organised group trip, group size from 1 - 16 people
- Age range from 18-39 year olds
- Accommodation will be a mix of hostels (2 nights) and camping (5 nights). All camping equipment (except sleeping bag) is included
- Private transport on tour
- Local guides
What's not included?
- Flights - We can help you with this - request a quote
- Travel Insurance
- Food (unless stated on itinerary)
Day 3: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Day 4: Niagara Falls
Day 5: Southern Adirondack Mountains
Day 6-7: Boston
Day 8: Boston to New York Area
Friendly Advice Our tour ends today at around 5pm, so we recommend that you either book post-tour accommodation or if you book a flight, make sure it doesn't leave before 9pm!
Many great experiences packed into one week!
The end of the trek was over shadowed slightly by hurricane Irene moving into the area and cancelling my flight home! But that added even more adventure to a fun week of new experiences with great people and our lovely trek leader Christie.
The night tour of Washington was really interesting, the monuments looked amazing when illuminated. We went to see a baseball game the next night which had such a great atmosphere.
The camp site, lake and area where we camped in 'bear country' was beautiful. Luckily didn't see any bears!
Niagra Falls was stunning, we got slightly damp getting up close.
Boston is a really cool city with lots of history, the Freedom Trail was really interesting. We spent the evening in a Sports Bar behind the baseball stadium (watching the Red Sox lose!)
There were a couple of long drives but the scenery was stunning.
If you're short on time, I would definitely recommend this short and sweet trip" Rosey, February 2015
Amazing trip amazing sights!
"Wanting to try and see as much of the US in the short time away from work I could get this trip looked like an ideal one and it really was. From the History of DC to the Power of Niagara then to the European feel of Boston and with everything in between this was a great way to spend a week. Even the camping was fun (not always a fan in the UK) thanks to a good group and a great leader (Tim really knows his stuff!)... West Coast next year!"