If you're a bit short on time, or just want a well-paced trip, then this is the trip for you! Taking in all the best that this delectable part of the world has to offer, you will not only do the amazing things you see your Facebook friends do, but also some of the off-the-beaten-path stuff... take in Cambodia like never before, train it up Vietnam, and find your inner Zen in Laos!
- Take a boat trip down the Mekong Delta
- Let the splendour of Angkor Wat take your breath away
- Check out the buzzing nightlife that this part of Asia has to offer
- Become the ultimate foodie by trying all sorts of amazing food
- Learn all about the history of this region
Is this trip for you?
- This is an organised group trip, group size from 1 - 18 people
- Age range from 18-39 year olds
- Accommodation will be a mix of simple hotels (23 nights), homestays (2 nights) and sleeper trains (4 nights)
- Transport on tour
- Local guides
- Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complexLocal Khmer meal at the project site New Hope or a local home (Siem Reap)
- Floating market boat trip (Mekong Delta)
- Orientation walks in Phnom Penh and Hanoi
- Noodle making demonstration and lunch at Oodles of Noodles, an internationally supported project
- Halong Bay boat cruise (lunch included)
- Find out what the giving of alms means in Laos
- Opt for the street food crawl
- Internal flight
- Transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Meals: 21 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
What's not included?
- Flights - We can help you with this - request a quote
- Travel Insurance- We can help you with this
- Food (unless stated on itinerary)
Day 1 Bangkok
Day 2 Bangkok/Siem Reap
We won't waste any time and head straight over to Siem Reap. Here we'll visit a local project, and eat with a local family (time permitting)!
Meals included: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 Siem Reap
Day 4 Siem Reap/Phnom Penh
Day 5 Phnom Penh
It's such an important part of history, maybe take the day to learn more about Cambodia and her past. Visit the Tuol Sleng Prison and the Killing Fields. A sobering experience for sure!
Meals included: Breakfast
Day 6 Phnom Penh/Sihanoukville
Day 7 Sihanoukville
Day 8 Sihanoukville/Cần Thơ
Day 9 Cần Thơ/Ho Chi Minh City
Day 10 Ho Chi Minh City/Nha Trang
Day 11 Nha Trang
Day 12 Nha Trang/Da Nang
Day 13 Da Nang/Hoi An
Day 14 Hoi An
If you want, take a cooking class or visit a tailor (for amazing clothes!). Otherwise, just walk around old town!
Day 15 Hoi An/Huế
Day 16 Huế/Hanoi
Day 17 Hanoi/Ha Long
Day 18 Ha Long/Hanoi
Day 19 Hanoi
Today we've got a bit of free time today, but we'll get together for another amazing street food crawl!
Day 20 Hanoi/Vientiane
Day 21 Vientiane/Vang Vieng
Day 22 Vang Vieng
Meals included: Breakfast
Day 23 Vang Vieng/Luang Prabang
Day 24 Luang Prabang
Day 25 Luang Prabang/Muang Pakbèng
Day 26 Muang Pakbèng/Chiang Khong
Day 27 Chiang Khong/Chiang Mai
Day 28 Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 29 Bangkok
Due to repair work being done on the Ghenh railway bridge in Dong Nai, the Vietnamese government has arranged for a train from Ho Chi Minh City to Song Tham (45 minutes) followed by a bus from Song Tham to Bien Hoa (45 minutes) where you will connect with your scheduled sleeper train to Nha Trang. No activities will be affected by this change.