Explore a new career or enhance your education with Gapseekers. These New Zealand internships are perfect for those who have just left school, university or simply have had enough of your current job and want to further your education, explore a whole new career completely or further your knowledge in a field you are already familiar with.
These exciting educational programmes will provide you with real-life work experience we will help up build or start a new career in your chosen area in turn gaining valuable transferable skills. We also acknowledge that your time spent away from work is also very important so we arrange activities and events that allow our interns to make friends and memories as you explore New Zealand. All our internship programmes are available in the bustling city of Auckland, which is the largest city in New Zealand.
Internships we offer
We are very proud to offer placements with 95% candidate placement success rate in:
• Advertising and Communication
• Animal and Environment
• Business, Marketing and Sales
• Education and Teaching
• Finance and Accounting
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Journalism and Public Relations
• Law and Legal
• Music, Photography and Art
• Research and Health
• Retail and Fashion
• Science and Biology
• Tourism and Travel
Please contact us to request more information on the above. Most internships are unpaid, However some are paid, depending on what field you enter in. Please go in with the mindset that they are unpaid, after all this is about the experience you will be gaining not the money you will be making. It is at the employers discrepancy if they choose to pay an intern.
What's not included?
The Application for your Gapseekers Internship Programme is pretty easy and straight forward. There are 8 steps to follow;
1) Check eligibility
1. Must be 18-30
2. Either be able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa, currently have a valid visa or currently enrolled within a university or tertiary course or. If you are not completing an internship as part of your studies. Please visit New Zealand Immigration to find out if you are eligible for a working holiday visa.
3. Upper intermediate/advanced english skills. If you do not feel confident we can offer an pre internship English course (Please contact us and ask)
4. Candidates must have financial support for their stay
2) Send a CV and cover letter This will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject New Zealand Internship. Please explain to Gapseekers in the email what internship interests you. Then attach the cover letter and CV. The cover letter should explain why you want to apply for the internship. Within 2 days a friendly member of the Gapseekers team will call you and go through the information.
3) Internship planning & consultation Via Skype with a friendly team member in New Zealand (Gapseekers will assist with planning)
4) Pay security deposit of £175. This secures your placement within our Programme and indicates to us that you are as serious as we are about your search for an internship in New Zealand. We will then ask for the full balance 2 weeks later.
5) Internship Placement - Now that we have all your personal and university requirements (Please note: you do not have to have to be a part of a University to take an internship with us) our team will now start contacting our network of clients to match you up with a suitable internship which matches your needs.
6) Skype interview with employer (Gapseekers can support you here)
7) Sign agreement and pay final balance to Gapseekers
8) Preparation - It is official your internship has been finalised! You will now need to look into visa, Insurance, accommodation and flights - We can help with this. Upon arrival we can organise airport transfer to your accommodation. Often our clients will have a hostel booked for the first week or two until they find their feet with long term accommodation we can help with this too.
Please note: Accommodation per week including utilities (Auckland North Shore – $190/week; Auckland city centre – $220) Tenancy Bond (approx. $400 It will be refunded at the end of your stay, minus any damages or charges)