Sail Seekers Ready!! This awesome sail programme will enable you adventure seekers to learn how to sail and captain one of our boats while taking in the breathtaking views of the magnificent Whitsunday Islands on the East Coast of Australia.
After meeting your new ship mates you will jump aboard and learn on our 60 foot catch with both theory and practical classes enabling you to put into action what you have learned.
Once you have been through your training and have passed your exam of which you will receive your qualification in sailing in the form of a certificate, you will then have an Interview with our human resources manager for the sailing companies and if successful you can then apply for positions as and when they come up, or you could even take your qualification and work somewhere else as Courses are designed to meet the National Standards for Commercials Vessels (NSCV)
How cool and what a great opportunity for you to experience the Whitsunday Islands and at the same time gain a qualification in sailing a 60 foot boat which you can then go on and gain paid employment with.
- Learn to sail with professional instructors
- Get a detailed understanding of sailing, boat handling, regulations and safety.
- Course is conducted on board a 60ft yacht with practical and theoretical classes.
- Learn about what’s involved in not only sailing but all aspects of staying safe and providing a good experience.
- This recognised course will set you up to be employed.
- 23 day course includes the Commercial Crew Certificate, plus 12 nights at sea on 2 night Maxi Sailing tours and 6 night’s accommodation in Airlie Beach.
- Services of Captain and Crew
- All meals including special diets
- Snorkel gear and instruction
- All Marine and National Park Fees
- Commercial Sea time Log book and course notes
What to bring:
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Insect repellent
Things you need to know about this tour
- Guests should pack in a soft sided bag.
- Please Bring 2 x Passport Photos for the Commercial Seatime Log Book.
- At end of the 23 Day Program: an interview will be arranged with a Human Resource / Recruitment Manager to evaluate performance with a view to employment. Employment is based on positions being available and successful performance.
- For international travelers, who wish to apply to work at the end of the program it is necessary to obtain a Working Holiday Visa before leaving home.